If you have already registered a domain name, you can still use it with your Create website. You will just need to configure some settings in your domain name's registration account.
First though, you will need to add your domain name to your Create account as a reference.
To do this please follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your Create account
- Click on "Account" on the top menu
- Click on "Manage Domain Names & Email"
- Click on the link for "Add A Domain Name"
- Search for the domain name you want to add to your account, for example: create.net and click "Search Domains.
- Your domain name will appear below, click "I own this domain name" next to your domain.
- Click "Ok, Next Step".
- Follow the onscreen steps to add the domain name to your account. You will need to enter your card details, but you will not be charged as it is free to add your existing domain name to your account.
- You may need to publish your website for the website to appear at the new domain name.
Then, when you have done this, you will need to log in to your domain name's registrar account and set up some DNS A Records that point to us. We have some guides on specific registrars for pointing your domain name to us with them.
Please click on your registrar below to find the steps for using your domain name with Create:
If you cannot locate your registrar on the list above, then the general instructions are as follows:
- Log in to your Regisrars account.
- Locate the DNS Settings for your domain name.
- You will need to add two DNS A records in your settings that are set up as the following:
- For Hostname: "@" or "blank" point to our IP address which is: 18.104.22.168
- For hostname: "www" point to our IP address again: 22.214.171.124
- Save the settings.
Please ensure no other DNS A Records or CNAME are setup for your "@" (blank), or "www" records. These will conflict with the settings you have just set up to point to your Create website.
If you are having any trouble with this, you should be able to contact your registrar's support team who will be able to assist with this, just paste them the instructions above and they will be able to help.